Power Macintosh 7200/7300/7500/7600 Power Button

alxlab

Active Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
www.alxlab.com
Ooops. I did attach the stl and step file but looks like the forum doesn't like those and just removes the. I zipped them instead now and attached it to the previous post.

Reactions: Branchus

Branchus

Tinker Different Public Relations Liaison 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
I have a couple of machines that I bought with the power button missing altogether, so I needed a complete reproduction rather than just a repair. I wasn't particularly happy with the shape of the button part in the thingiverse STL, so I've made my own. It still needs a few tweaks, but it's coming along nicely.

And yes, I know it's the wrong colour.

IMG_8633.jpg

Branchus

Tinker Different Public Relations Liaison 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
I've refined the button design a little, and I'm finally happy with it. I printed it with a 0.16mm layer height.

It should fit onto the base part of the original Thingiverse file, nice and snug.

STL file attached if anyone wants it.

IMG_8635.jpg
IMG_8636.jpg

Attachments

• New_PowerMac_Power_button.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 101

alex_santos

New Tinkerer
Sep 25, 2021
Here's the STEP and STL files to add the clips back to an original button. I'm tempted to make an extension of the original button to make it so it won't need to be pressed so much and get stuck sometimes like the original.

License under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

View attachment 527
Kudos! The originals were nice until time's tide came along. They are incredible brittle now those buttons are. So yeah, good job!

mitchkramez

New Tinkerer
May 18, 2022
South Dakota of all places
@Branchus can I ask what software you used to build this STL - I'm new to this and trying to figure out what the best tools are! I'm planning to build the motherboard standoff clips and the internal power switch clip (all of which are broken on mine) as an STL and share them here in case anyone else needs them!