Power Macintosh Bezels - 9600 / G3

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
Thanks to a generous short-term loan of several original bezels for the PM9600, I have been able to produce accurate 3D model reproductions of the PM9600 / G3 front bezels. Big thank you to @xenocide21 for the loaned parts!

Here are the 3D models for general usage, please be sure to refer to the licensing for anything other than personal use:

jack 68k

New Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin
These are awesome! I printed the CD-ROM bezel for my G3 Tower and it looks great!

What is your process for initially creating a 3D model for these? Do you start with a 3D scan? The bezel on the front of the AppleCD 600e enclosure is made out of the plastic that turns to dust when you look at it and I've been considering taking on that project.

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
These are awesome! I printed the CD-ROM bezel for my G3 Tower and it looks great!

What is your process for initially creating a 3D model for these? Do you start with a 3D scan? The bezel on the front of the AppleCD 600e enclosure is made out of the plastic that turns to dust when you look at it and I've been considering taking on that project.
Thanks! I recreate the part in Solidworks based on physical measurements, typically using digital vernier calipers or a digital micrometer.

jack 68k

New Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks, I have a digital vernier calipers so I'll give it a go and see what happens. Fortunately, the 600e bezel isn't curved across the front so that should simplify things a bit.