Powerbook G4 ‚Antimony’ Software Restore

alexADB

Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2023
Bavaria
Hi all, I’m looking for a software restore cd image for the latest titanium PowerBook 867Mhz/1Ghz in German.

Basically this but in German language.

thanks for your help!

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Do you know the Apple Product ID of it? eg the number like 691-4316-A.

Also by this time didn't restore images usually come multi-lingual?

Reactions: alexADB

alexADB

Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2023
Bavaria
Trying to find out the number. The restore I‘m interested in is the OS9 portion which seemingly does not exist in a bootable restore cd form for this particular Mac

Reactions: eric

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Oops! :D All this time I thought you were from Germany. I was going to buy you a big German sized super beer next time I visit family there but I don't have any family in Sweden, just a fervent desire for Swedish pancakes. Thanks so much for taking a look :)

Reactions: fogWraith

fogWraith

Antiques Dealer
Sep 2, 2021
Oops! :D All this time I thought you were from Germany. I was going to buy you a big German sized super beer next time I visit family there but I don't have any family in Sweden, just a fervent desire for Swedish pancakes. Thanks so much for taking a look :)
Who knows, I might go there again some day, lovely country :)

Re the restore discs, no german copies found as of yet, throwing some lines out and watching eBay for copies

alexADB

Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2023
Bavaria
I have a normal 9.2.2 install and will try to make a German version of the Antimony OS9 system folder. The difference might just be the Mac OS Rom file and the graphics card drivers. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: fogWraith