Quadra 950 Chassis

CodeProfessor

New Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Hi everyone,

I am on a quest to find resources that could help me recreate the outer chassis of a Quadra 950. This could be a 3D model, a 3D scan, or a large number of pictures of the Quadra 950 outer chassis.

I apologize if I have overlooked an existing model or post; if this has already been done, or if you know of something I missed in my initial search, I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Request for Assistance
If you own a Quadra 950 and are willing to spare some time, I am looking for:
  • A rough 3D scan of the outer chassis using a newer iPhone and/or
  • A large number of pictures from all around the outer case that I can feed into a photogrammetry program like Beholder (https://beholder.vision/).

Background
The Quadra 950 holds a special place in my heart, and I have regretted parting with mine years ago. I have been toying with the idea of 3D printing an ATX case that resembles a Quadra 950 on the outside that I can put my main computer into.

My primary goal is to create an ATX case. However, if that proves to be unfeasible, I would like to make a miniature model similar to the Quadra 700 created by @Branchus recently (
).

Challenges
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to find old Macs where I live. The Quadra 950 is particularly tough to come by - I have been searching for over three years and have yet to find one.

I know that this project will be challenging and that getting a 3D scan or a set of pictures is only the beginning. I have never undertaken a project like this before, but I have some time off work, and I am eager to learn. I promise to share any creations I make freely with the community.

Thank you for your assistance and your time.

Have a great day!

• Love
Reactions: Kai Robinson

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
I have a Quadra 950 case that i can take measurements of - not sure if i can 3D scan anything though, but i can certainly try.

CodeProfessor

New Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I have a Quadra 950 case that i can take measurements of - not sure if i can 3D scan anything though, but i can certainly try.

Measurements would be fantastic Kai!

If you or anyone else has the ability to put one on a table and walk around it taking 20+ pictures from all kinds of angles. I believe I can derive a 3D model from a series of pictures like that.