Radius Pivot PrecisionColor CRT (Model 0356)

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
OK, it arrived as did the SE/30 card. Buuuuut... the connector is rusted to shit and seems fused onto a VGA adapter. Def don't wanna attach something like that to my SE/30. But does this cable look non-removable? I've given it as firm a tug as I care to... nothing.

Also, if anyone has a PDF of the manual, that would be amazing. Not having much luck finding one.

Anyways attached is the plug I'm talking about.

- K

Attachments

• Radius PrecisionColor Pivot Monitor Model 0356 Powers On  eBay.jpeg
    Radius PrecisionColor Pivot Monitor Model 0356 Powers On eBay.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 30

Elemenoh

Active Tinkerer
Oct 18, 2021
Bay Area
I have this same monitor but mostly use it with a Quadra 950. I remember I had to tinker with a lot of different versions of the control panel to get it working correctly. I'd be interested in the manual too if you happen to find it.

That cable wont be removable. You'd have to take the whole thing apart. You can see a thread where I did this with another monitor. https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/help-splicing-a-crt-vga-cable-cut-by-ewaste-solved.849/

I love the shirt almost as much as the monitor itself :LOL:
IMG_2812.jpeg

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
I have this same monitor but mostly use it with a Quadra 950. I remember I had to tinker with a lot of different versions of the control panel to get it working correctly. I'd be interested in the manual too if you happen to find it.

That cable wont be removable. You'd have to take the whole thing apart. You can see a thread where I did this with another monitor. https://tinkerdifferent.com/threads/help-splicing-a-crt-vga-cable-cut-by-ewaste-solved.849/
Amazing tee!

Captive cable on a device that moves around! Very 2010s!

I have to contend with this fused adapter first. I was gonna use WD-40, but that's corrosive. Guess if that pic was in the listing!

It looks like the cable will fit the output on the 030 pivot card.

Honestly, I'd rather open it up and mod a port in there for a 15 pin connector. I'm assuming that's what I have under that adapter. The SE/30 pivot card has a 15 pin connector, so...

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
I found this directory. Haven't had time to sift through it, but there are a whole bunch of PrecisionColor Pivot 0356 (as well as other Radius monitors) PDFs and shit.

Index of /27/items/thunder_202306/