Rebooting LCIII?

fred1212

Tinkerer
Jul 27, 2022
I have a recapped LCIII that has been working well. It has just started to reboot itself just after it has booted into the desktop and a couple of times has locked and rebooted during startup. I've done all the usual swaps of known good memory drive and power supply from another working LCIII. Anyone know why a reboot is happening. Have had the death chimes once as well. Thanks in advance
I've given the board a really good clean and checked visually but can't find anything unusual but on new test it doesn't even get to the splash screen before it reboots

Nixontheknight

Tinkerer
Nov 3, 2021
I have a recapped LCIII that has been working well. It has just started to reboot itself just after it has booted into the desktop and a couple of times has locked and rebooted during startup. I've done all the usual swaps of known good memory drive and power supply from another working LCIII. Anyone know why a reboot is happening. Have had the death chimes once as well. Thanks in advance
I've given the board a really good clean and checked visually but can't find anything unusual but on new test it doesn't even get to the splash screen before it reboots
chances are, either your hard drive's dying or the OS is corrupt, try running Disk First Aid from floppy disk, or CD if you have a compatible SCSI CD drive

fred1212

Tinkerer
Jul 27, 2022
Problem found thanks to an eagle eyed helper on another site. C8 was reversed. Thanks to all