Tandy 1000 SL/2 Keyboard?

jasa1063

New Tinkerer
May 30, 2022
My understanding is that the Tandy 1000 SL/2 uses an XT keyboard.... does anyone have first hand experience using an XT to AT keyboard encoder?

Like maybe even the one TexElec sells? https://texelec.com/product/at-to-xt-keyboard-adapter/

Thank you!
This must be the Tandy 1000 SL I gave to a friend who gave it to you. Well anyway....

I have a couple of converters I use for my Tandy 1000 SL/2, TL/2 and TL/3 computers. Just look for the seller geralds_retro_pc on eBay. Those are the ones I have and they work without issue. There are currently 3 left in stock there. You can also search using "AT to XT keyboard converter, 3d Printed Case AT2XTKB AT2XT PS2 5DIN DIN" and should be able to find them.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021
This must be the Tandy 1000 SL I gave to a friend who gave it to you. Well anyway....

I have a couple of converters I use for my Tandy 1000 SL/2, TL/2 and TL/3 computers. Just look for the seller geralds_retro_pc on eBay. Those are the ones I have and they work without issue. There are currently 3 left in stock there. You can also search using "AT to XT keyboard converter, 3d Printed Case AT2XTKB AT2XT PS2 5DIN DIN" and should be able to find them.

Good luck!

It's one and the same! I ordered some RAM, and now I need a XT class keyboard before I can do anything else to troubleshoot :)