The Art Project Thread (I'm Terribly Sorry For All The General Chat Spam!)

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
Man, I REALLY have been spamming General Chat! My deepest apologies for that. I'm going to keep all artwork in one thread, so as not to clog General Chat with my silly threads. It's why I've hesitated posting more artwork. It's not fair to the other members.

The latest Affinity Photo project: Neon Flowers. I managed to do this one without referring to tutorial videos. I'm slowly learning.

Neon Flowers.jpg

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
This reminded me of this RedFang video.

😅

LOL, thanks! Last one for a while-Steel Mill In Perspective. I kind of stumbled through this one. I'm surprised it worked. While I am indeed paying attention to the video tutorials, I'm also trying to challenge myself by going beyond the tutorial and getting myself into situations where I just have to figure it out.

Steel Mill 2.jpg

Last edited:

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Here's the before and after. Keep in mind-this is still early days and I still have a lot to learn. Affinity Photo is a powerful tool for the money, at $70, approximately. But there is a substantial learning curve. The M3 MacBook Pro has been a BIG help.

Before & After.png

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Here's the before and after. Keep in mind-this is still early days and I still have a lot to learn. Affinity Photo is a powerful tool for the money, at $70, approximately. But there is a substantial learning curve. The M3 MacBook Pro has been a BIG help.

View attachment 17572
Quick question - were those clouds already in that photo just washed out by the white balance or did you add them?

Reactions: 2112st

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
This reminded me of this RedFang video.

😅
FYI-in case you're curious about where the photo of these guys came from, it dates back to 7 years ago. I drove down to a science fiction festival in Washington Township New Jersey, and these two dudes were having it out! I carry a Canon Powershot A2300 everywhere with me. It's a GREAT camera, and for artists, it's a MUST. While I'm not opposed to cell phone cameras, more often than not I'd rather use just one tool that was designed for a specific purpose. (Incidentally, that's why I also own an iPod; I'm not keen on my iPhone doing EVERYTHING.) Sadly, that science fiction festival hasn't happened again since then, so I was really lucky I caught it when I did. I'm not sure if it's being held again elsewhere, but I would like to return to one if it does. I had a lot of fun that day. 😃