TI-99/4A

MacAttack

New Tinkerer
Oct 18, 2021
Anyone else like to tinker with these old 16 bit computers? I had one of these growing up in high school and learned to program in extended basic on it. I finally got one and got a lot of add ons (Final Grom, 32k Memory expansion, joystick adapter, and speech synthesizer.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
This is the computer I learned BASIC programming on back in the early 80's. Still have it but haven't turned it on in about five years. Worked the last time it was on. I gave my eldest daughter a lesson in BASIC programming back when she started college using it so she could understand the struggle.

MacAttack

New Tinkerer
Oct 18, 2021
This is the computer I learned BASIC programming on back in the early 80's. Still have it but haven't turned it on in about five years. Worked the last time it was on. I gave my eldest daughter a lesson in BASIC programming back when she started college using it so she could understand the struggle.
Yeah I had one as a teen in High School. We couldn't afford many computers and this one at the time was like $50 brand new. They ware giving them away at the time. LOL

rikerjoe

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I taught myself BASIC on a TI 99/4A while I was in high school, good memories!

Alex

New Tinkerer
Oct 28, 2021
I have one with practically every modern add on made. Extended BASIC is superb and I really enjoy the games. My only issue is the joysticks, they are the worse I have used.

Javmast3r

Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Hi Folks, i just opened my old TI99 4/A and found I have the Nano PEB! Upon start, it tells me is installed, but can't do anything, access it or such. Any help?

MacAttack

New Tinkerer
Oct 18, 2021
Hi Folks, i just opened my old TI99 4/A and found I have the Nano PEB! Upon start, it tells me is installed, but can't do anything, access it or such. Any help?
What cards do you have in the PEB or is is an emulator like a TiPi?

Javmast3r

Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2021
Yes, is a small card that emulates the large PEB. Love to have one, but they are too bulky.

PotatoFi

Active Tinkerer
Oct 18, 2021
I was given a TI-99/4A a couple of years ago by someone I barely know - they heard that I collect vintage computers, asked for my address, and put it in the mail for me. It's 6/10 on condition (sadly with a few dents and dings). I am unaware of the working condition, or even what came with it - it's currently boxed and shelved in the garage.

If anyone wants it, I would be happy to pass it on! I could easily get it down to grab photos, too.

SteveHere

Tinkerer
Yes, I think there’s a Raspberry Pi based option which can called TIPI…

Reactions: Alex