Tools and Techniques

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
Last one (for now... haha)

A tools & techniques section to the forums and Discord server would be pretty handy, I think. Coming from automotive hobby life, I know tools are a HUGE part of conversations. People new to the hobby benefit disproportionately from such conversations. Even cooler, new ways to use tools (and even newly hacked tools) get discovered out of conversations like this. I think anything tinkering related would benefit from such a space.

Thanks!

- Katrina

Patrick

Tinkerer
Oct 26, 2021
there is a resources tab.
1707331538659.png

which i think has a lot of the things you are talking about. it is community supported.

is that something you were looking for ?

Branchus

Tinker Different Public Relations Liaison 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Finding the right balance of having a separate section for everything, without it getting overly convoluted and bewildering is a challenge. We try and cater for as many interests as we can, without reaching a point where no one can find anything.

While we don't have a section specifically named "Tools and Techniques", we do have a section called "Soldering and Repair" in "The Lab" group. This is the place where our members discuss tools, equipment and repair techniques.

Reactions: Elemenoh

badferday

Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2024
Finding the right balance of having a separate section for everything, without it getting overly convoluted and bewildering is a challenge. We try and cater for as many interests as we can, without reaching a point where no one can find anything.

While we don't have a section specifically named "Tools and Techniques", we do have a section called "Soldering and Repair" in "The Lab" group. This is the place where our members discuss tools, equipment and repair techniques.
Oh, yeah. I'm an impulsive one. I scan the list with my ADHD eyes, and if I don't register what I'm seeking, I'm like "WHY NO FORUM!! RAWR!!! KATRINA SMASH!!!!"

This never leads to public embarrasment.