USB Mouse for iBook?

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Looking for a recommendation for a USB mouse suitable for an iBook G3/800. I have a Pro Mouse and really don't care for it. Too short of a cord and having the entire body move to click feels awkward. Would like to have something "matching" in style. If that's a Pro Mouse then so be it.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
Hi @_SDGOL_! :) 👋

How about a Logitech M205 Wireless USB Mouse? :geek:☝️🖱️🐁

k6rnwSWeAspDDFXS.standard

Cheers!

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
I am generally speaking a fan of logitech gaming mice because of high sensitivity, comparative quality, and very long cords. While mine do not aesthetically match the white snow plastics of that era mac, Logitech does have some very nice $30-50 wireless usb dongle mice (like a g305 for example) that can match the white/gray aesthetic very nicely and like retr01 suggests would eliminate the cord outright if usb cord is not preferred.

Reactions: retr01

robin-fo

Tinkerer
Feb 17, 2022
Switzerland
Looking for a recommendation for a USB mouse suitable for an iBook G3/800. I have a Pro Mouse and really don't care for it. Too short of a cord and having the entire body move to click feels awkward. Would like to have something "matching" in style. If that's a Pro Mouse then so be it.
Get an iMac G3 Hockey Puck mouse…

Reactions: Kai Robinson

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Something to consider with older usb mice is the cord length. That ibook has its USB ports on the left side, so anything 2ft or shorter IMO may pose an issue wrapping around the machine for a right handed user. Using all the cord length to get around the back of the machine can create a tug of war situation when using the mouse. Not only does this wear out the cord, but also can damage the devices usb port.

Reactions: retr01