VCF East Swap Meet Might Be Toasty & Stormy

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
Northeastern New Jersey, USA
It's still a bit early, but the weather forecast for the Vintage Computer Federation Swap Meet in Wall Township New Jersey so far is this-

Hot and humid, temperatures in the low 90s (32 C) with the chance of thunderstorms.

The good thing is that the swap meet starts early, around 8 AM. Wall Township, New Jersey is a 50-mile drive from where I live in northern New Jersey. I'm going to try and get there around 7 AM or a little before to get breakfast and find parking-though parking has never been a problem at the swap meet.

Unfortunately, New Jersey suffers from the 3 H's during summertime-Hazy, Hot and Humid. Though, this heat is unusual. You usually don't get this kind of heat around here until July and August. That makes me dread the approaching summer. I'm almost 60 years old. I NEVER liked that kind of weather when I was younger and now that I'm going into my senior years, even less so. A couple of years ago around this time of the year, I attended the vintage Volkswagen show in Terryville Connecticut (about 100 miles north of where I live), and temperatures were struggling to reach 60 degrees (16 C).

This swap meet should be interesting, to say the least.

VCF.JPG

Last edited:

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
It better not storm... This is the once-in-a-year event for me!

Like I said-very unusual weather. A typical June temperature would be in the low 80s (27-29 C). I'm *guessing* that any storms, if they happen, will happen more towards the afternoon. Daytime heating will cause the development of showers and thunderstorms. Also, the good thing about the swap meet starting so early in the day is that it *should* be cooler.

Alas, in one long-range forecast, I did see the Friday high temperature to be near 100 (37 C), with thunderstorms. My concern is that humidity carrying over into the overnight. That will make for an uncomfortable Saturday morning, even if it is somewhat cooler. :(

2112st

Tinkerer
Oct 8, 2023
I won’t mind heat too much. Will be too distracted by the old computers :)

I have to run a test on my clamshell iBook, because I *think* the DVD drive isn't working. I have to burn a data DVD to do further tests on it; for some reason I can't view video DVDs. I keep getting a Type 2 error when I try and launch the DVD app. I hope I won't have to look around for a DVD drive at the swap meet. :(