VCF Midwest September, 10-11 2022

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
So far I've only dumped photos on my PPC 7300/400 but the software works on anything with a 68020 or higher if I remember correctly. I may have to bring a compact mac to the fest unload the pics.. or get my G3 Wallstreet working.

Cool! I am considering picking up a QT 150 myself and upload to my IIci and SE/30. Maybe my Apple IIGS if I could....? Hmm. :unsure:

*gasping as I daydream the possibilities*

Borgmac

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Richmond, KY
That’s it, it’s now going on
12801244-7BE7-491A-8233-DC1CD626DEC4.jpeg

Reactions: JDW, eric and Mac84

skate323k137

Tinkerer
Mar 7, 2022
I enjoyed seeing everyone's photos of their new finds on Twitter. I hope if any receipts were issued, they were in the amount of "what did you tell your wife this cost?" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: tom_B

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Had a blast - was so fun walking around seeing almost everyone with macs have a BlueSCSI - people walking up saying how much they love the project. @tom_B sold a ton of kits. I'd like to come next year but not drive by myself. 8 hours alone is a very boring drive.

My collection is pretty "complete" by my standard - so only picked up a few things:
  • G5 tower, cheap - and as I was walking out someone asked if I needed ram and gave me 8gb of sticks for it for next to nothing.
  • Apple II SCSI card - going in my IIgs to test BlueSCSI
  • GeForce 2 card with ADC for $1
  • PRETTY EIGHT MACHINE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Eight_Machine_(album)
  • Won the "Build Your own Macintosh and Save a Bundle" book
  • Lots of cool stickers, handshakes, and discussions.

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
I was there, had a great time! Picked up a PowerBook G4 12" while I was there. Really enjoyed watching the auction - I think the muddy NeXT Cube was my favorite :)

Cool! I picked up an iBook G4 (early 2004) yesterday. We could slap macOS 9.2.2. on an SSD in those Apple G4 laptops. :) I have a thread going on about that.

Reactions: rjkucia

tom_B

New Tinkerer
Aug 3, 2022
Connecticut
Had a blast! Was great to hang out with people I've met at other VCF events, people I knew just online, and some new people as well!

Drive out there was about 14 hours from CT(did about 10 hours fist day and stopped in Milan, Ohio, and then the rest of the trip Friday)

Drive back was longer, but made more stops. Steve(Mac84), Eric's Edge, and myself went down to Ron(from Ron's Computer Videos)'s area after the show Sunday and spent monday with him, got a tour of his town in MO, and got to raid a stash of Mac related things he had. Left Tuesday morning, and visited Joe(Joe's Computer Museum on youtube) in Ohio(about an hour from Columbus), and hung out with him for a few hours. Drove another hour to one of the next major towns and stayed there. Then drove to NJ, stayed with a friend, and Steve picked up his treasures from my van. Then Thursday morning it was a nice quick drive back to CT. Spent quite a while on the road, but I love long road trips(have gone to Raleigh, NC a few times, Dallas twice for computer reset, Louisville KY, Montreal, and a few others), and had a chance to listen to some audio books

Photo gallery with my finds(Also a Mystic board, but didn't get a photo of that). Some stuff from the show, some stuff from Ron, the 128k was something Steve picked up for me a couple of months ago

Definitely had a great time, and will be back next year as well!

Also, VCF East in NJ is having a couple events, a swap meet Oct 8th, and the full event April 14th-16th, in Wall NJ.

edit: Also got to try a Chicago Pizza from Lou's and a Chicago Hotdog from Portillo's, both of which I really enjoyed

Reactions: kaoshonen

tom_B

New Tinkerer
Aug 3, 2022
Connecticut
I will be there - already booked my hotel. I should have a couple of friends from previous years with me as well.

I may post up here a list of things I'd bring if I know they would sell; for example I probably wouldn't haul my 3B2 and DMD terminal unless I was pretty sure there was someone who would buy it there...

I'll probably have a good lot of Sparcstations and external SCSI periphs for them and for Macs as well. I seem to have a lot of external SCSI cases of various types.

You were the guy who was sharing the table with Matt, and had mostly SUN stuff, Cobalt Qubes, etc?

if so, I bought that recapped mystic board from you, which works fantastically and will live happily ever after in my Color Classic!

ScutBoy

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Northfield, MN USA
You were the guy who was sharing the table with Matt, and had mostly SUN stuff, Cobalt Qubes, etc?

if so, I bought that recapped mystic board from you, which works fantastically and will live happily ever after in my Color Classic!

Yes - that was me. Glad to hear the board is working well for you. I didn't think there would be any problems, but it's always nice to hear things are working OK and you are a "happy customer"! :)

Reactions: tom_B