Vintage Apple HyperCard User Group - A modest proposal and request

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
I have a modest proposal and request.
Would anyone be interested in joining an Apple "recognized" user group for HyperCard?

I'm putting a user group together named "Vintage Apple HyperCard User Group" VintHUG. The eventual goal is to gather together HyperCard enthusiasts. Both users and stack authors to preserve vintage HyperCard stacks, explore HyperCard, and create new HyperCard stacks. You don't need to be a HyperCard creator to join. Just an interest in HyperCard is enough!

If you are interested, let me know! Either here or at [email protected]

Attachments

• HUG_black.png
    HUG_black.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: eric

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Yes, I'm in. How does it get recognized by Apple?
There is a formal process described here. It’s not an endorsement by Apple. It’s recognition and some support and perks. Once we are recognized, we can move forward.

Last edited:

Crutch

Tinkerer
Jul 10, 2022
Chicago
Nice idea, count me in. I’m a long-ago founder of an Apple-registered Macintosh User Group (1991, give or take, at my high school). I am amazed/impressed they still do this — though it looks like most of the work has been farmed out to the “User Group Advisory Board” group linked above. Apple’s User Group Connection used to offer very nice outreach and benefits to MUGs (I wish I still had the nifty glass coaster they sent me, shaped like a floppy disk and engraved “Apple User Group Connection”), though such info is much more readily available to anyone online these days I suppose.

Reactions: Eric's Edge

Eric's Edge

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Nice idea, count me in. I’m a long-ago founder of an Apple-registered Macintosh User Group (1991, give or take, at my high school). I am amazed/impressed they still do this — though it looks like most of the work has been farmed out to the “User Group Advisory Board” group linked above. Apple’s User Group Connection used to offer very nice outreach and benefits to MUGs (I wish I still had the nifty glass coaster they sent me, shaped like a floppy disk and engraved “Apple User Group Connection”), though such info is much more readily available to anyone online these days I suppose.
Great! I’m new to this so if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated.