Vintage computer / recycling stores near LA or Las Vegas

lfletche

New Tinkerer
Apr 30, 2022
Hey everyone, I'm going to be travelling soon for work from Aus over to the US and visiting both LA & Las Vegas.
I've seen lots of videos on the YouTube of old computer recycling stores in the US which can often have a lot of vintage computer equipment.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any such stores in or around these locations as I would be keen to check one out during my visit.

Thanks,
Luke.

lilliputian

Tinkerer
Mar 6, 2022
Los Angeles, California, USA
Re: California, my understanding is that most of the vintage electronics stores are up in the San Francisco/San Jose area, a good 6+ hour drive north of LA. As a resident of LA, I wish there was something closer by! Perhaps someone else knows of one that I'm not aware of.

Reactions: lfletche

Stephen

BetterBit
Staff member
Founder
Sep 5, 2021
San Francisco
Re: California, my understanding is that most of the vintage electronics stores are up in the San Francisco/San Jose area, a good 6+ hour drive north of LA. As a resident of LA, I wish there was something closer by! Perhaps someone else knows of one that I'm not aware of.
Those vintage computer shops in SF must be a best kept secret. You can’t find even retro video games stores here.

• Sad
Reactions: lilliputian

ClassicHasClass

Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2022
www.floodgap.com
Many have closed. I used to be a denizen of Halted in the Sunnyvale area but I think it's gone now.

For the LA area, the swap meets used to be the thing, but COVID killed a number of them and the remainder mostly sell consumer electronics.

• Sad
Reactions: lilliputian