WANTED --- Radius Two Page Display driver --- WANTED

fehervaria

Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2021
North Germany
I have a Radius Two Page Display - with the very rare ROM version 3.3
Does anybody have to original Radius.sea.hqx and the CL_SEA_PL.sea.hqx for the ROM version 3.3

Here https://vintageapple.org/macdrivers/radiuscards.html is only the content available - but the file's links are pointing to nowhere :-( anyway they are for the newer 4.x ROM
I am searching for the Two Page Display card from 1988 with the ROM 3.3

Please, if any of you have these disks or disk images - PLEASE contact me and load up to the macintosh garden (there is only for the ROM 4.x versions available)

jasonbuchwald

New Tinkerer
Apr 8, 2022
Hi there- any luck? Mine is the rom 3.3 version as well! I did, however, recently find an archive that has the rom 4.4 file, which could theoretically be used to update our roms! I don't have an eprom burner, but I am talking to someone who does. We shall see!

jasonbuchwald

New Tinkerer
Apr 8, 2022
not yet! but I might when I have time! I believe one has rom 3.3, the other 4.1. I'd love to figure out a way to use the cards with non-radius monitors.

jasonbuchwald

New Tinkerer
Apr 8, 2022
Thanks- yup, I saw that, but I'm holding off for now to see what Rom McAdams comes up with. I sent him my se/30 TPD card, he wants to try to make a small adapter to make it work. But...I might try that scaler as well, as I have two Mac SE TPD cards as well!

jasonbuchwald

New Tinkerer
Apr 8, 2022
Also- does that scaler have BNC inputs? The TPD cards I have for both the SE and SE/30 have BNC output- how does it connect to the scaler?

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
I've another thread about TPD/SE and adapting that single BNC output to VGA RGB inputs for a multisync LCD panel. Have you seen that one? Pretty much still need the scaler to pull it off even after that I think.

ROMs have only to do with Driver/OS combo support IIRC. Getting the output from there to a clean, crisp image is another thing entirely.

One day I've gotta get all this stuff out on the bench and hook it up again. Maybe if I beat my head on the bench hard enough I can jangle enough of the loose bits between my ears out into a comprehensible report thread?

Doubtful . . . :oops: