Weird 5,2 Powerbook G4 issues...

iPodGuru

New Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2023
United States
So I have been seeing that when I charge up my battery on my Alum G4, The battery tends to not get recognize half way through the charge or use. Then I have to use a PMU reset. I don't think it is a battery issue as it has only 64 cycles. Could this just be a software issue?
Strange Battery Issues.jpeg

-For who is wondering I am watching Hijacked on apple Tv.

iPodGuru

New Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2023
United States
Are you sure the cycle count is accurate? 64 cycles sounds suspiciously "even."
I'm not really sure if it is at "64" or not but it is what the BMS is telling the laptop. Its an oem apple battery, as it has never been replaced that I know of since I got this laptop a yearish ago at a estate sale.
Picture 1.png

ClassicHasClass

Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2022
www.floodgap.com
Those look like proper numbers, so I don't think the charging circuit is necessarily at fault. I would really try it with a different battery if you can. In my experience, charging issues were more often due to battery defects than logic board ones, and they're certainly easier to replace.

iPodGuru

New Tinkerer
Sep 17, 2023
United States
Those look like proper numbers, so I don't think the charging circuit is necessarily at fault. I would really try it with a different battery if you can. In my experience, charging issues were more often due to battery defects than logic board ones, and they're certainly easier to replace.
I currently do not have a spare battery, It was also in storage for a while so I am wondering if the battery is just confused on what state it is in, and if i charge it to 100% and drain it if it will go back to normal...