What are your favorite local microbreweries/distilleries/wineries??

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
What are your favorite local microbrews, distilleries and wineries? There are many in my neck of the woods, but these are some of my favorites.

Marble Brewery (Albuquerque)
La Cumbre Brewery (Albuquerque)
Black Mesa vineyards & winery (Velarde)
Acequia vineyards & winery (Corrales)
St Claire Winery (Albuquerque)
Tumbleroot distillery (Santa Fe)
Rowley's Farm House Ales (Santa Fe)

SteelBender brewery (Los Ranchos) is great as well, but I go there to eat their award winning brisket burger. Deelish.

Reactions: Daniel Hansen

Daniel Hansen

Tinkerer
Oct 29, 2021
These are my favorite breweries in the Northern Ontario region of Canada:
Dawson Trail (Thunder Bay)
Lake of the Woods Brewery (Kenora)
Sleeping Giant (Thunder Bay)
My Basement (lol)

No vinyards up here, not exactly a friendly temperate zone. And honestly I'm not a fan of most Canadian vinyards / wineries. We also don't have any distelleries around mostly because provincial (and some federal) regulations create a nanny state with respect to alcohol production and consumption, and in particular for small distilleries it's effectively impossible to be profitable.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
Gotta love the nanny state. Way to get in the way of entrepreneurial spirit. I have 5 gallons of a stout made with these extra fruity/floral European champagne yeasts in bombers getting good in my garage. I did not use much cascade hop, so am shooting for a smooth, malty, creamy stout with a complex nose on it with low IBU. Hopefully they'll be ready just in time for Christmas holiday.