What pinball games for Classic 68k and Power PC can you recommend?

fxgogo

New Tinkerer
Mar 8, 2022
I love virtual pinball almost as much as I love the real thing.

I don’t have any history with pinball on the Mac platform so I would love to hear of games that stood out for you.

Reactions: eric

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Another pinball tragic! Good to hear! I've never had much luck with virtual pinball outside of "Pinball Arcade" on the iPad..

Real pinball machines in my collection currently: Surf Champ, Atlantis, Strange World, Black Rose and Checkpoint (Porsche themed)..

Reactions: fxgogo

ClassicHasClass

Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2022
www.floodgap.com
As an owner of a Stern Sopranos and Williams ST:TNG, I haven't been happy with many pinball simulations. I like The Pinball Arcade, but that's obviously very new. If I were to pick for classic Mac, though, it would be the Pro Pinball series, especially Fantastic Journey. It has the best physics of the time and the table designs aren't outlandish.

There was a version of Eight Ball Deluxe which wasn't terrible but I don't remember if that was for 68K or just PPC.

Reactions: fxgogo

fxgogo

New Tinkerer
Mar 8, 2022
As an owner of a Stern Sopranos and Williams ST:TNG, I haven't been happy with many pinball simulations. I like The Pinball Arcade, but that's obviously very new. If I were to pick for classic Mac, though, it would be the Pro Pinball series, especially Fantastic Journey. It has the best physics of the time and the table designs aren't outlandish.

There was a version of Eight Ball Deluxe which wasn't terrible but I don't remember if that was for 68K or just PPC.
Oh wow, I did not realise these games were on the Mac as well. I have to agree, their physics was top notch for the time. I still play them on my Windows machine today. I guess there is a point of comparison to be made there as well.