You on Mastodon?

wicknix

Tinkerer
Jan 5, 2022
WI, USA
randommacstuff.blogspot.com
Nope. I gave up on social media 3-4 years ago. The tracking, the ads, the political barf, and what people ate for lunch are not my thing. All i use is IRC, forums, and Discord (because it's similar to IRC, and i can connect to it via an IRC client without using all that electron fluff). Besides... social media platforms come and go. IRC has stood the test of time, and isn't going away any time soon.

Reactions: Alf Torp

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Right, the title should be "You on the Fediverse?" Mastodon is just some software that some "contemporary chat sites" use. On the fediverse we could follow/interact with eachother if you choose something else named more to your liking - just like hotmail users can email gmail users.

Reactions: mmu_man

RetroViator

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
retroviator.com
I ran a person instance of Mastodon for nearly a year, but I’m now at https://bitbang.social/@retroviator

My schedule is pretty full, so I enjoy dipping in and seeing what people are up to through Mastodon. It helps me feel connected to others with the same goofy interests, and without the Facebook cruft or Twitter drama. Like all such services, it comes down to who you follow and (optionally) the filters you define.