retr01.com

How to Hack​

opening-the-box-using-hacksaw-opening-box.gif

-SE40-

Tinkerer
Apr 30, 2022
The Netherlands
pin.it
Yes indeed, that great stuff, but its not sold here locally…… I just glue it together like a plastic modelkit, then melt and press in loose staples for reinforcement. The final step is adding minimal bondo and recreating the surface texture and airbrushing it to original.

Reactions: retr01

-SE40-

Tinkerer
Apr 30, 2022
The Netherlands
pin.it
@retr01
There is no need for bashing here.
Thank you!

The other solution or option is having the ClassicII board with the cables connected and running internally, escaping from the backside.

25AED0FE-4AD8-4042-91CC-6B244979E07C.jpeg
4B951783-3DB4-4CCF-8AAE-8C8906C66597.jpeg

I think for now - I go with that.
The question is if can I get the CD-rom going on System + media software?

Anyone who has a CD rom next to a Classic?

Trash80toG4

Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
WOW!!!!! :cool: Lovin' it, but maybe I might make a suggestion? One LEM legend is that the Q630 was a rework of the Q605 logic board. You might consider that board to keep this wonderful build Quadra correct?

Breaking connectors out the backside presents no real problem. ;)

edit: that top view got me going, bonus points available for fabbing a clear plexi case to show of your creation. Again, cable solution relatively simple and employing assorted color ribbon cable and lopped off standard cables leading to the backplane connector PCB would greatly enhance appearances as they run beneath the optical. Right side would show off SCSI2SD or the like and its cabling.

Color coded RA speaker/Mic jacks come to mind as an example. Solder cup connector wiring colors for twisted pair SCSI and Video RA conversion/breakout would be killer! IDC connectors and blue/gray ribbon cables easier, but not quite as impressive in the looks department.

edit2: will BllueSCSI fit vertically or horizontally inside or outside the fan cutout of the LC form factor board? ISTR it looking a lot more attractive than a flat board like SCSI2SD if facing out the right side of a clear case?

Last edited: