Quadra 950 - bezel colour?

champagneandchips

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
PNW
I added an internal CD ROM drive to my Quadra 950 but only had the solid bezel, so I 3D printed one with the right slot for the caddy. It's very white so I'd like to paint it with the right colour.

Does anyone know what an easily recogniseable colour code or name would be that I could find either in a hardware store or a get colour matched somewhere?

Thanks!

misterg33

New Tinkerer
Oct 10, 2022
Do you by any chance have a Thingaverse link or something similar to the bezel for other Quadra owners? Thanks in advance!

champagneandchips

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
PNW
I got the files (including for replacement clips for the side panel) here:

They fit very well!

trag

Tinkerer
Oct 25, 2021
There was a thread around here (I think*) on filament, available from Amazon, which closely matches the color Apple used.

*I know the thread exists; I'm not certain it was on these forums.

slomacuser

Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
Maybe this helps but this are print and web color systems …

IMG_7792.jpeg

Reactions: champagneandchips

XKSTEVE

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2022
Somerset, United Kingdom.
I have some really good success mixing 6:1 Ammo MIG acrylics 965 Dunkeigalb Shine and 911 grey shine. sadly the numbers on my labels is wearing offf making it difficult to identify correctly but I am fairly sure that is right. I also add 1 part black or 1 part white to adjust for age.

Regarding filament: the Polymaker brand that is mentioned in the post @eric shared/linked is terrific. big thanks to @MacintoshLibrarian for all the effort in getting this colour available to us all.

In the images attached, the SE drive slot is bare filament colour and the rear is painted with Ammo MIG The slot cover 3d print stl is available from my page on printables if anyone needs one. The rear SD slot is made from white plasticard.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited: