Recent content by caver01

  1. C

    eMac swivel Base

    Ok, so I loaded up the unsplit version of the base I made and if you print with four permieters which might be overkill, and 15% cubic infill, .2mm layers wth a .4mm nozzle, it comes out to about 250 grams of filament including supports.. That’s a quarter spool, so maybe $5-7 to print this yourself.
  2. C

    eMac swivel Base

    Of course this depends on choices you make in the slicer * cost of filament. I used 3 walls and 15% gyroid infill and standard grid supports. You could go much higher infill if you were worried about compression strength. I think this is fine. When I get home I can check how much filament the...
  3. C

    eMac swivel Base

    I don't think it's unreasonable to have one made by a service, especially if you don't have access to a printer, or if you want a single part instead of split. If I was going to do that, I would use a clear resin option with 100% infill and it would look virtually identical to the original. Cost...
  4. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    @wells I know sound isn't the main reason most of us probably would build one of these, but I am curious if the audio distortion improves at all with your embedded audio chip. I ended up pulling the battery power on mine which helped (using the adafruit module) but it still makes faint clicks...
  5. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    OH! I just had an idea for the Capacitive "switch" on top. . . What about using it as a mouse click and setup an accelerometer-based mouse input akin to this: https://github.com/NITHIYAVS/Motion-based-USB-HID-device-Tilt-Mouse-Gamepad- The idea is that you pickup the MacintoshMini and "steer"...
  6. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    I continue to get comments on the Maclock/MacintoshMini, so although I have a working build, I'm probably not the only one wondering. . . did your updated prototype board work? I was also thinking about the capacitive switch under the top surface. I unplugged mine and just taped it up out of...
  7. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    OK, this is really making the whole project accessible to anyone. That’s pretty cool. I have had several people I work with suggest stuff like “wow, you should make these“ or “You should sell these” or “I wanna make one. . . was it hard to do that?” to which I have to admit that you can’t just...
  8. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    One more comment: These little tweaks are, of course, very minor quality of life improvements--overall, the board and the software config is fantastic! I work in a photo studio and some of the post production folks are just mind blown when I show them I can launch Photoshop 1.0 on this little...
  9. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    I was able to hide ALMOST all of the boot text updating cmdline.txt by integrating: console=tty3 loglevel=3 quiet There is still one line remaining that pops up for a moment right before the chime.
  10. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    Ok, that worked, but it took a while. I connected a mouse and made an ever-widening spiral and click click click until I landed a click into the OK button. It worked, but I think now I remember in the initial reales that maybe the emu cursor wasn't transparent on this screen. In the earlier...
  11. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    Maybe I can click all over or try a keyboard. I know I got past this at one point.
  12. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    I have had my little macintoshMini deployed as a desk accessory After Dark gizmo for a couple weeks now and just brought it back home to do updates. I booted it back on my WiFi and connected remotely, ran the update script and let it finish and reboot. I missed the last updates, so now I have a...
  13. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    Me too if you have enough.
  14. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    I think you showed that in the video with a short mouse/kbd dongle attached. I am tempted to add a second one now that I removed the battery. Today I set it up on my desk having tweaked the image to randomize the most recognizable After Dark modules. A few people have noticed and everyone got a...
  15. C

    Macintosh Mini - Maclock conversion project

    USB Port added: