Another new game for the Lisa - 1000 Miles

wottle

Active Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
957
719
93
49
Fort Mill, SC
I finally wrapped up my Lisa Mini 3d printed case for my LisaFPGA, and decided I wanted to make using it better from a software side. The lack of software is kind of the biggest downfall of the cool project. And running MacWorks seems less exciting because I can run Mac OS elsewhere. So I thought about some vintage games I enjoyed playing in the early MacOS days, and there was a Mille Bournes game I liked playing. It seemed reasonable to do on a Lisa's CPU, so I had Claude help me build it with zero Pascal experience in the last 30 years.

Screenshot 2026-10-10 at 3.25.29 PM.png


It's a little rough around the edges, but I think it's true to the game I remember playing. The Lisa floppy image (.dc42) format is in the repo for you to load it with an ESFloppy or FloppyEmu. Might see what other software I'd like to see on my Lisa and create more. The development process is much smoother using @AlexTheCat123's utilities for copying the source files from a modern machine over the serial port.

If anyone has other game or app ideas, let me know!

Now I just need to fix my ESFloppy screen so I can load it on my own.