Anyone else a huge fan of the Alien franchise?

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Speaking of games: Alien: Isolation is a must play! Available on a lot of platforms, even on iOS.
Absolutely agree with this - I worked with two of the guys from Feral who ported it to mac and I live about 15 miles away from Creative Assembly in Horsham.

The design brief was "don't add anything that couldn't have been made as a physical prop in 1979“. The fact that the whole team were respectful of the source material was an added bonus.

The standout feature of the game of course, aside from the visuals, are the AI director and the procedurally generated music.

Damn, I want to play through it again. It should be fine now I have a pacemaker and built in defib should anything go horribly wrong! 😂

Reactions: François

Douglas

New Tinkerer
Feb 10, 2023
First two Aliens rocked, later ones... not so much. Fassbender was ace, but missed opportunities.

Certificate of Excellence

Active Tinkerer
Nov 1, 2021
United Sates
After A2, it was

GOM1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: trag

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
Ha! There was due to be an Aliens/Star Trek crossover graphic novel released, but it got cancelled for some reason - was supposed to be set on the Enterprise-D at some point before it went boom over Veridian III - i'd have loved to have read that!

There have been so many franchise crossovers with Aliens, it's a shame it didn't pan out.

• Wow
Reactions: JDW