Apple fan here without expertise on Apple ][. I hope someone can help identify my late dad’s Apple ][ (not II plus, IIgs, IIe, etc.) and give me some advice on what to do with it. It has been in a garage (low-ish humidity) in a cardboard box for 30+ years, since he powered it down circa 1985. He and I both loved this thing.
It looks pretty good to me from the outside. Here are some photos, and a list of what I see (when I opened the top):
If any upgrades were made to it, my dad was not the type to have done that himself, preferring to take electronics to a professional/authorized repair person.
I also have
This is a personally significant/sentimental machine to me but maybe nothing special in the scheme of things. Just curious what anyone on here has to say. Thanks for any and all thoughts about what I should do with it!
It looks pretty good to me from the outside. Here are some photos, and a list of what I see (when I opened the top):
- Motherboard reading 820-0044-01
- CPU “6502”
- Serial number A2S1-22824
- Hitachi ROMs
- Slot 0 - Apple Language Card
- Slot 1 - Printer card?
- Slot 6 - Disk II
- Letters on keyboard appears slightly yellowed (not pure white)
- Power cable (probably original)
If any upgrades were made to it, my dad was not the type to have done that himself, preferring to take electronics to a professional/authorized repair person.
I also have
- Two Disk II drives still connected to the card (Model A2M0003, serial numbers: )
- A long printer cable (no printer in sight)
- Manuals in Very Good/Excellent condition: Apple II Reference Manual January 1978 (“Red Book”); Apple ][ Basic Programming Manual; Apple II The DOS Manual; Apple II Language Card Installation and Operation Manual; Elementary, My Dear Apple Education Series. -- found one more after writing this: "Apple II Personal Computer System" with multicolor apple logo and "apple ][" on beige cover
- Floppy disks, some with apparent mold on the labels but the disk itself looks clean to me: DOS 3.3 System Master (with black Apple logo and “16” inside it), 2 copies of DOS 3.3 System Master (one of which may be damaged), DOS 3.3. BASICS (with black Apple logo and “16” inside it), AppleWriter ][ C2B0010 Master, Elementary, My Dear Apple Education Series (with black Apple logo and “16” inside it)
- A monitor that I have not removed from its box (but I don’t think it’s Apple-made)
This is a personally significant/sentimental machine to me but maybe nothing special in the scheme of things. Just curious what anyone on here has to say. Thanks for any and all thoughts about what I should do with it!
Attachments
-
Apple II inside entire motherboard.jpeg3 MB · Views: 11 -
Apple II serial number.jpeg538.7 KB · Views: 11 -
Apple II with disk drives on top.JPG2.5 MB · Views: 7 -
Disk II fronts.JPG1.8 MB · Views: 7 -
Floppies front.jpeg2.8 MB · Views: 9 -
Tangle of cables.JPG4 MB · Views: 8 -
Manuals.jpeg3 MB · Views: 11