Might’ve hit the jackpot what do you all think I should do with these?

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
I have a Fujistu Scansnap desktop document scanner, which is fast, decent, and straight 99% of the time. It OCRS automatically as well. I'd happily work with you @jajan547. For 95% of pages, it would output fine. I would fix up a few pages. It should not be an issue. I used to do this type of thing for several years. :) Digitizing things is one of my favorite things to do.

I also have a flat bed scanner that I could use if needed.

Pirate Ship is reasonable with deeply discounted shipping rates. They just discounted more with UPS rates.

jajan547

Active Tinkerer
Mar 25, 2022
North Carolina, USA
Just checked, Missing 1-7 and the peripherals guide so safe to say these should be preserved. You're right 1 and 2 are already there but those are for the Macintosh family and much newer these are older and this information isn't there.

karrots

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
Western, U.S.A
Here is the Apple Service Technical Procedures Volume One run through Adobe Acrobat Pro. It shrunk the PDF size considerably.

I kept getting an error when trying to deskew. I'll have to work on that and see if I can figure it out. These have at least been processed for OCR and compressed.

If the document is a good enough replacement the current upload to Archive.org could be replaced with this one.

karrots

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
Western, U.S.A
It was something about scanning still in process. I have since fixed it. Uninstall + the Adobe removal tool + reinstall seems to have made things stable.

I'll run through the other files now.

Reactions: retr01

karrots

New Tinkerer
Nov 2, 2021
Western, U.S.A
I wasn't even thinking about the tabs. I meant going through and finding all the chapter breaks and adding PDF bookmarks. So that its clickable.