Options for hard drive replacement

reallyrandy

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
189
82
28
New Jersey
Hi all,
I have a Lisa 2/10 that has a very loud and often stuck hard drive. I know it's a matter of time before it dies. I'd like to replace it with a modern drive of some sort. Since I'm more of a Mac guy, I don't know much about the type of drive it is or what are the potential replacements. it says "Widget Controller Two Layer" on the top of the stacked boards. I guess widget just means hard drive?
Any advice or links to products would be appreciated.

I'll have to get the OS off of it or maybe just download a new one. I have a Floppy emu if that helps. But I want an internal solution ultimately.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11

ried

New Tinkerer
Jan 23, 2022
10
9
3
The internal Widget hard drive can be replaced with:
  • X/ProFile by SigmaSevenSystems, sold by VintageMicros (currently being relaunched).
  • ESProFile drive emulator by Alex Anderson-McLeod. This is an open-source project and you can have your ESProFile manufactured very inexpensively. This is your most likely option.
  • ArcaneByte parallel hard drive emulator, based on the PocketBeagle. This is no longer being made, as far as I can tell.
  • IDEFile, which is a DIY replacement for ambitious folks who can build their own.