SE/30 Reloaded - Complete!

craig

Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2021
Dalry, Scotland
www.meerkats.uk.com
@Kai Robinson so is this the GLU chip for the SE you're talking about, or the SE/30? Or are they functionally the same?

Or am I equating "GLU" and "Glue" incorrectly? I was assuming the GLU chip is the SE/30 UI8 84 pin PLCC chip but I'm beginning to suspect I have misunderstood you.

Kai Robinson

TinkerDifferent Board President 2023
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Worthing, UK
For the SE. The GLU on the SE is a combination of logic elements into a single chip because they didnt have the space to use discrete logic. In the Classic, they used discrete for the remaining functionality as they'd removed the dual floppies so half the functionality wasn't needed.

GLUE is used in the SE/30 - Antoine Bercovici a.k.a. siliconinsider imaged it, but it's not been reverse engineered it yet.

Massive image warning!

Reactions: craig

craig

Tinkerer
Oct 17, 2021
Dalry, Scotland
www.meerkats.uk.com
Reactions: pocketscience

pocketscience

Tinkerer
Apr 29, 2022
Sydney, Australia
I just ordered a batch of 5 boards from JLCPCB in standard Green with ENIG gold finish, with the bottom side components populated to speed things up - worked out at £29 per board including shipping and customs. I may have a spare one or two going i can forward on to people.
OK, this is the first time I'm getting JLCPCB to populate a board. I assume for the question re edge rails/fiducials we should be saying no - i.e. use the board as-is?