Sorbet Leopard

Oct 18, 2021
Ohio, USA
thehouseofmoth.com
Howdy folks,
Just want to point out a project that resulted in a Leopard/Snow Leopard hybrid called; Sorbet Leopard.
You can read about it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sorbet-leopard-10-5-reinvigorated-updated.2300924/
And read/download here:
I've never liked Leopard. Tiger has been my go-to OS for PPC but I may finally replace Tiger if this pans out and is as good as it seems :)
Check it out and share your experiences!

To run this:
A PowerPC G4 processor or better
512 MB SDRAM or better
A 20 GB Apple Partition Map-formatted partition or larger
A Core Image-supported video card is strongly recommended

z970

New Tinkerer
Nov 19, 2021
@Certificate of Excellence Thanks again for the heads-up, CoE! I've been watching TinkerDifferent since it first launched, and I think there's definitely a lot of promise here. Namely, I like the fact that it's heavily forum-focused and caters purely to the vintage computing crowd; aside from VOGONS, nothing else that is currently immersed in that broader sphere really comes to mind.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys Sorbet Leopard as much as I enjoyed making it! :)

Genjoke

Tinkerer
Oct 31, 2021
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro - Flamengo
I just installed Sorbet on my iBook G4, on my iMac G4 and on my iMac G5.

It runs very well on the iBook but freezes after some minutes on the G4 or G5. In fact it does not freeze, freeze, it gets the spinning rainbow ball and nothing else works, not even shutdown.

Anyone having this kind of problem??

Last edited: