Trouble Installing DaynaPort Drivers for RaSCSI

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up ethernet on my Mac SE using my RaSCSI and the instructions here: https://github.com/akuker/RASCSI/wiki/Dayna-Port-SCSI-Link

However, I'm having trouble getting the DaynaPort Drivers to work. When I try to unpack the linked .sit file, Stuffit quits immediately (tried on 3 and 4). Using the RaSCSI bootstrap hda, which has the .img file pre-unzipped, DropDisk quits immediately and Disk Copy 6.3.3 reports that the image is damaged and cannot be used (-8819). I've also found the drivers elsewhere (versions 7.7.2 and 7.5.3), which unzipped and started running fine, but they requested that I insert the installer disk, which I of course do not have. Any suggestions for what to look at next?

caver01

Tinkerer
Oct 30, 2021
I am trying to remember what I recently did to get those installed. I am starting to think that I actually created a physical floppy because I was running into the same problems.

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 11.29.43 AM.png

On the RaSCSI bootstrap v3 I made sure to make it a self moutning image as to not have these issue. check it out. Be sure to follow the instructions and only install the driver needed and not overwrite some system files with an older version.

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Was it maybe a Shrinkwrap archive?
I seem to be having issues with the installer I found for 3.5 (crashes instead of doing anything), and 2.1 mounts the image but the system reports that it's not formatted as a Mac disk and needs to be formattd.

View attachment 3404
On the RaSCSI bootstrap v3 I made sure to make it a self moutning image as to not have these issue. check it out. Be sure to follow the instructions and only install the driver needed and not overwrite some system files with an older version.
I'm using v3 - Double clicking on the image gives me an error: "ShrinkWrap was unable to load a component needed to mount the disk image. The Component Manager may not be available. Error #-9405"

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
FWIW I was using the RaSCSI 7.5.3 image from the garden. Trying 6.0.8 on an SE now

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
I re-uploaded the Bootstrap V3 and added the DC4/DC6 versions. Give it a try and let me know

rjkucia

Tinkerer
Dec 21, 2021
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Thanks! I went ahead and just set it all up in 7.5 - it's not that much slower than 7.0 or 7.1, and as far as I can tell there's not a way to mount virtual disks in System 6? But I was able to get it all going in 7.5 and I just successfully pinged Google with it, which is super exciting!

Thanks for the help everyone. Lesson here - just use 7.5 if something isn't working, lol