What I've received as of late...

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
Don't worry, not going to post the five pages of conquests that I've listed over at 68kMLA. Mainly going to list what I've received since late 2021, after I decided to make my //e useable again.

Going back to November of last year:

First conquest was a disk ][ for $35 from eBay seller commanderscott. Second also came from him about two weeks later. AppleWorks 2.0 reference manual for $0.31 or some ridiculously low bid price.

Third came from @agg24 at 68kMLA. That being the Centris 650 he was offering in his trading post ad over there with all the systems in Springfield, OH. Paid him $40, received a somewhat yellowed Centris 650 via UPS. Also bought a TB drive for my A1286 MBP. Would've gone SSD, but they still command a decent price for the size I wanted. Got a Seagate BarraCuda for $39, plus shipping and tax. That would be number four.

Fifth was a Macintosh SE owner's guide for $0.69 from commanderscott. While I was picking up that manual, I dropped off my old Mac Pro for recycling. Sixth item was off the 'bay - an A9M0331 ADB mouse. Number seven was a DEC-branded Quantum LPS240S that came out of a IIci. Eight and nine were a M2980 and ADB Mouse II from the same eBay seller who sold me the hard drive - local guy. Ten was a Sony MacView LX adapter so I could use the Dell monitor I have with the Centris 650 and the IIci that I need to pick up from a friend. Eleven was a Quadra 650 nameplate. Twelve: M0115 AEK for $70, plus shipping and tax. Thirteen: extra-long T15 screwdriver bit to replace one I either rehomed or lost along the way. Fourteen is the 33MHz 68040 from @K24a1 on 68kMLA. Fifteen is the CD-ROM bezel that @Taddy supplied to me.

Sixteen is a set of five meowTOAST CR2032 PRAM battery adapters from @GeekyBit - apparently the PO screwed up, so I wound up getting another five as well. Passed the extra five to a couple friends who are also into vintage Macs. Seventeen is a couple of Broderbund Science Toolkit Master Module software packages from someone in Oregon. Kept one, and passed one onto a friend. Eighteen is the IIci I mentioned in the previous paragraph that's at a buddy's apartment in Beaverton, Oregon - got it for $60 off OfferUp. Recapped, functional, but needs some parts, like the power switch button on the rear, a cache card, and the programmer's switch assembly. Also needs to have an OS installed on the drive in it.

Nineteen: two SCSI cables (one external, one internal), USB floppy drive, and power cord from RE-PC. Twenty: the basketcase Plus from @tafkar on 68kMLA. All items were picked up at the Tukwila RE-PC location. Twenty-One: a IIvx/Centris 650 floppy drive bracket - same as what an SE has, btw). Twenty-two: a Sony MP-F75W-02G that needs an eject motor assembly - motor doesn't work, drive works fine otherwise, after I gave it a quick cleaning. Twenty-three is a pair of Centris 650 CD-ROM drive rails. Twenty-four is the SE Superdrive I picked up a few days ago. Twenty-five is an item I found in a closet... UltraSCSI to 50-pin Centronics SCSI cable with a terminator. Twenty-six is the AppleCD 300i that I forgot I had. Found it in our bonus room in a box.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
Also grabbed this:

M1212front.jpg

Brother-in-law will be picking it up on his way home from Dillon, Montana on Monday. Got it for $63, plus tax off the 'bay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/124901523368

-J

Reactions: KingDingus

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
IMG_7036.JPGIMG_7037.JPG
At home. Phone's camera didn't like the 67Hz refresh rate, hence the darkness at the top of the monitor. Nice to finally have a monitor that doesn't have a greenish tint. It does need five of the seven feet that go onto the base, though. Plus a good clean. Next item to arrive will be an Apple CD600e that will be donating its mechanism to the Q650 that still thinks it's a C650, due to the wrong resistor location being populated on the underside of the board. After that, is the aforementioned Apple 3.5 Drive.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
A9M0106 arrived. Needs help. Gummed up, zero track sensor out of alignment, etc. Might even need an eject motor gear. IIci also arrived. Was said to be equipped with a blank hard drive. Nope, Has System 7.5.1 on its Quantum LPS105S. Floppy drive needs help, but less help than the mechanism in the A9M0106. I also picked up an Adaptec APD-29160N SCSI card, a Linksys WMP54G wireless card, a power cord that allows me to plug my G3's monitor into its power supply, and an extension harness for use with hard drives that I've connected to the SCSI card.

Reactions: KingDingus

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
IMG_7091.JPGIMG_7093.JPGIMG_7094.JPG
First image is the G3 accessing the internet for the first time since I received it in 2019. Went to the garden and downloaded a copy of Compact Pro to install on my machines. Second image is the IIci booted, after I'd swapped the SE's 160MB drive into it with System 7 Pro installed, using the Centris 650. Third shot is the desktop of System 7 Pro, showing the extra icons below the hard drive icon. Also shows a System 6 desktop pattern, since the System 7 patterns didn't get installed. Will have to add them via ResEdit into the System file. With respect to the SE, plan is to downgrade the Quantum LPS105S to System 6.0.8, then install that into it, attached to the top a second FDHD drive's bracket, once I get a pair of good working floppy drives for that computer.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
IMG_7095.JPG
The SE. Dual FDHD setup mocked up. Still need to hunt down the aftermarket SCSI hard drive bracket. I may actually run an 80MB drive in it that came with my second IIci that I just picked up yesterday afternoon and save the 100 for an SE/30 or maybe a Mac II.

Details on the second IIci: 8/80 machine being sold with AEK II, ADB mouse (Logitech version with the small black ball), Stylewriter II, and one of those generic surge suppressor boxes that sit underneath a computer monitor. Asking price was $150. Offered $100 for the computer alone, and the seller decided to sell me everything for the $100. Logic board has some cap leakage, so, I wound up taking the recapped board out of my existing IIci, which is kinda well-worn cosmetically, and swapped it into the nicer case, which has all four of its feet. Machine also had a cache card installed, which I moved over. Alas, the machine didn't have a programmer's switch assembly, so I'm still on the hunt for one.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
In other news, looks like three of the five Sony MP-F75W floppy drives I have are at least mostly useable. One (the drive from the first IIci's case) needs a serious relube job, since it takes a while for the mechanism to drop the disk down onto the spindle. Ejects pretty easily. Once the disk is in place, it'll happily load whatever's on the disk. The one in the replacement IIci works well, albeit wasn't sure if it wanted to eject the disk the first time around. Ejected it no problem the second time. The third drive, which was the one that came in the A9M0106 drive case, should eventually get relubed, but works fine right now. Installed it in the Centris 650 to replace the manual-inject drive that was swapped into it sometime during @agg24's ownership.

Once I have the first drive relubed and working properly with respect to inserting floppies, it'll go into the lower location of the SE, with the drive that's currently in that spot overhauled and placed in the upper spot.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
IMG_7113.JPG
All five Macs. G3 and Centris 650 aren't powered up in the photo. In the case of the 650, it's sharing its monitor, keyboard, and mouse with the IIci. The G3, I had its monitor hidden by the MBP. Need a larger table to set everything up on, especially since there's also the //e, which is currently on a shelf in one of our closets. I need the proper bracketry for the SE's second floppy drive and the hard drive, plus the cable to plug said floppy drive into the connector on the board. But, it is functional now, running System 7.5.1 on the 80MB hard drive that came in the current IIci case. The 100MB drive must've been formatted by FWB Hard Disk Toolkit in the wrong interleave for the SE to recognize it. May pop it into the IIci and see if that computer boots from it or not. It does mount when connected to the G3's SCSI card, though.

Reactions: eric

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
May be reconquesting my old Daystar Turbo 601 from a 68kMLA member who wasn't able to get it working on his IIci.

Also, have received a IIgs from @KennyPowers. Am picking up some stuff from @PotatoFi's haul next week, and should have an A9M0106 floppy drive coming through the 'bay soon.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
A9M0106 is on hold for now - eBay canceled the auction before the seller and I could take care of things.

May be bringing home an ImageWriter II that someone on OfferUp offered for free tom'w afternoon. Passes the self-test, but they don't have a printer cable to connect it to a computer to print something with it.

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
Attached the IWII to the C650. Also received a box from @PotatoFi, containing a M0487 Apple Keyboard II with M2706 ADB Mouse II, and an Apple IIgs ADB keyboard with cable, plus a spare 590-0361 ADB cable. Going to be picking up a set of four feet from the post orifice for the A9M0106 floppy drive I already have later today.

-J

Volvo242GT

Tinkerer
Feb 7, 2022
Currently Duvall, WA
^Yes. A hacked ROM would probably fix the issue, but, 'tis ok.

Got the feet today. Also paid for a A9M0331 mouse that someone was selling on eBay locally.

@JDW, yep, I've had a few machines pass through my hands... lol

retr01

Senior Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2022
Utah, USA
retr01.com
^Yes. A hacked ROM would probably fix the issue, but, 'tis ok.

Ah! Then, it would take a lot longer on my SE/30 with Mode32 and stock ROM.

When does it do the memory check? What does the screen look like? Does it do that at the happy mac icon and wait "forever" until finally "Welcome to Macintosh" appears?