TwiSlot PCI Riser and ComSlot2 NIC repro in widened CS riser form factor

trag

Tinkerer
Oct 25, 2021
AFAIK, wire wrap was used and may still be used in the Aviation Industry, it's far more robust and reliable than soldered PCBs.

Wire wrap may be alive an well, but my favored tool came from Radio Shack, and they're long gone -- I think. Haven't checked for a lingering on-line presence in a while.

Reactions: phunguss

Trash80toG4

Active Tinkerer
Apr 1, 2022
Bermuda Triangle, NC USA
Wire wrap may be alive an well, but my favored tool came from Radio Shack, and they're long gone -- I think.
My CrapShack tool is the silver one in that link with the stripper stored in the handle. Pretty sure it's somewhere around here, but I much prefer the one piece stripper/wrap/unwrap tool.

edit: probably can't get to the soldering until MON/TUE off. Inward riser arrived, the three cards will be vertically oriented. No good for a drawer, but great for my BenchMac/TestBed lashup.

trag

Tinkerer
Oct 25, 2021
My CrapShack tool is the silver one in that link with the stripper stored in the handle. Pretty sure it's somewhere around here, but I much prefer the one piece stripper/wrap/unwrap tool.

Yep, that's the one I have. I just really love having the stripper conveniently stored in the handle...