BlueSCSI v2 Pico - Low cost, open hardware, fast SCSI device!

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Here's a screenshot from that Github page...

1729042048843.png

So just to clarify...

Even though it says "BlueSCSI-Pico2-58226df.uf2" firmware can be tested "on any version of BlueSCSI hardware," the performance improvements for Write Speed only occur when you have a Pico 2 board installed, correct?

In other words, most people with a BlueSCSI v2 will have either a Pico or PicoW. But to get the new Write speed improvements, you would need to remove the Pico or PicoW and solder in a Pico 2, correct?

If so, based on what I am reading here, there won't be a Pico2W until the end of 2024.

eric

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 2, 2021
MN
scsi.blue
"on any version of BlueSCSI hardware,"
Any version of BlueSCSI hardware (with a Pico2 (which I thought was implied as it's a firmware for the Pico 2 ;) ))

you would need to remove the Pico or PicoW and solder in a Pico 2, correct?
Don't do that, everyone who I see try to remove a Pico destroys the board. Get a kit or build some of your own boards, put a socket on it.

Reactions: JDW

JDW

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Sep 2, 2021
Japan
youtube.com
Any version of BlueSCSI hardware (with a Pico2 (which I thought was implied as it's a firmware for the Pico 2 ;) ))
Don't do that, everyone who I see try to remove a Pico destroys the board. Get a kit or build some of your own boards, put a socket on it.
I know, but you know me. I love it when things are plainly stated on a grammar school level. That's really what my entire YouTube channel is about. Saying things in a more detailed yet plain way so even a true nincompoop like me can understand it! :)

Being the cheapest man alive, I did manage to remove my Pico boards and replace them with Pico W boards on the two BlueSCSI v2 hardware units that I have. They appear to be working fine. But I will admit that it took a lot of time and great care with Hakko FR-301 desoldering gun to achieve it. So advising others to just buy a new kit is probably best. I agree that you avoid both trouble and hassle that way.